Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday 29 March 2013

Recording holiday memories - any ideas?


As I have shared in an earlier post, I am looking forward to a trip to Europe at the end of the year. It will only be for three weeks but I plan to make it the trip of a lifetime and cram in as much as I possibly can during that time.

But I am already thinking beyond that to my return, when I will be able to sit down and chronicle my travels in one way or another. And that brings me to the topic of this post. I’m wondering what might be the best way to do this.

Being a writer and an arty/crafty person, I already have some ideas, but would like to open this up to others who may have already done something unique to record a special journey or holiday. I am a keen scrap-booker  - though I haven’t done much of this for a while, as writing has been a priority with the release and promotion of Mine to Avenge.

As I writer I can keep a journal of my journey and blend that with scrapbooking. I could use my drawing and painting skills in a travel sketchbook. Maybe I could write myself a daily letter and illustrate it with what I did for the day.  

I can envisage some problems with going alone, in that it will be difficult to get many photos with myself in them. I feel a little cautious about asking strangers to help out all the time. I am wondering how other lone travellers deal with this issue, or have you found that people are usually happy to oblige?

What are some unique ways you have used or know of to record your travels? I’d really love to hear about them as I seek some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment