Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Seeking Testimonials

I have arrived at the stage of chasing up pre-release reviews and testimonials, which I am finding is not a very easy thing to do. The biggest barrier is my own reticence to put myself forward. I’m sure other authors have struggled through this necessary part of the process.
I’m also finding that you can put a lot of time and effort into researching appropriate blogs and reviewers, but getting responses - positive or negative - is the tricky part.
I was almost fooled for a time, when I received my first acceptance in less than 24 hours, after only having made half a dozen approaches, but I have made many more since then, and it is slow work. I even put out a call through my Facebook Author page with some free copies of my book on offer for anyone willing to do a testimonial for me. I picked up three people but two have still to get back to me with contact details, and I still have two copies on offer.
If anyone visiting my blog would like to help out, I would greatly appreciate it, but there is a very short time frame. I would ideally like readers to be able to commit to reading Mine to Avenge before November 3rd, if possible, in time for the book launch, and I would be happy for a brief testimonial, if you don’t have the time to do a full blown review. The book has 488 pages, so it needs people with plenty of spare time during the next two and a half weeks.
I haven’t taken delivery of the books yet, but I am able to forward a PDF copy in the meantime for anyone willing to put their hand up, and will post the book on when I receive them, in appreciation for your efforts.
If this sounds like something you are willing and able to do, please contact me via the Contact Form on my author page at www.facebook.com/Kerry.Letheby.Author 
There are only two more copies left on offer at the moment, but I might be able to offer two more in a few days, if the others who offered to do it don't get back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment